Wednesday 23 March 2016

Editors Log, EDL- Resubmission - unit 2

I have the role of the editor, this means that I am responsible for the film being made and put together. This means that I must first put all of the footage, both good and bad in to Final Cut Pro X and create bins. As there are three scenes all together in this short film, it means that I will need to create three separate bins. The first scene is in the woods, so I will create a bin saying - Shovel - Short Film - Woods. For the second, I will do the same but I will say Street, instead of Woods, as it is a different scene, for the final bin I will name it Church.






Each separate Bin will contain the footage from each scene, I will now have to sought through the footage and label what is good and bad, I will also have to label it to what type of shot it is, whether it be a close up, mid shot or long shot etc.


Bin 1 - Woods


Bin 2 - Street


Bin 3 - Church














 Once the edit has finished, I will need to export the footage on to the desktop of my computer.
























I will now save the file by the Title, this is the final edit.












Now it is on the desktop, as an editor, I must open it in Microsoft Excel

















This is what it looks like once it has been placed in to Microsoft Excel
























I can now see that the Exported file is saved and in my folder as it is the bottom left of the folder window. By doing this, it means that other editors like myself are able to access the footage and the final draft and edit it further than me, maybe by adding more effects to it or another soundtrack.

I can access the final cut pro x file here, once clicked on it will show all of the codes on Excel from the Final Cut Pro X footage. There are many benefits of saving it to an XML file, this is mainly because it will be accessible on any computer which has Final Cut Pro X installed, so as an editor, I can also edit on another computer.

1 comment: