Wednesday 27 January 2016

draft Proposal

Synopsis:
My idea for the horror sort film focuses on one character, it starts as the character is in a deserted woodland burying a body, once he walks away from the buried corpse, he attempts to go home, he is followed by the vry same person wo he had just killed and buried.  There will be a hook at the beginning of the film, this will be the character burying the body, this wil hook the audience straight away because they will be interested in finding what is going on, using this hook, it also grps he audience as it throws them straight in to the deep end of the film, with no back story. For the short horror film, I was influenced by watching the thriller film Goodfellas, where there is crime everywhere, aso within ths film, there is a particular scene tat grabs my attention in to making my short film, as there is a scene where the characters bury someone else in the woods, the hrror film I was influenced by is clled Bury, this film just by the title and the events tat take place during the flm gave me dead and enthusiasm towards making my short horror film. These two films helped me think of my own idea, as I looked at thriller and horror films before, by combining the two meets the expectations of the two different audiences.

Distribution:
My film will be distributed by putting it on to YouTube, I will put it on YouTube so viewers can watch it, it will gain popularity through the target audience, but also the secondary audience. It will also allow the film to gain comments underneath the video for the viewers, this will allow me to understand the audience even more and so that I can see that the audience enjoy it.

Certification and Age Ratings:
As the film would be given an age certificate, by the BBFC, I would rate this film a 15, this is because of the violent aspects of the film,  I would rte it a 15 also because the audience will be able to see the violence occur, meaning that smaller children or younger audience may be influenced by the violence, there will also be fake blood as a prop which could be seen as quite graphic, my film will also have no dialogue, which will add to the tension and crepy silence of the film.

Research: 
As my film is of the  Horror genre, I started by carrying out primary research of my target audience, this started with me looking at the comments that they wrote down for the list f horror short films that I watched, I looked at coments to get a better understanding of what horror audiences like to see within a horror film and what they want more and maybe less o, so I can make my film popular with the target audience. I also asked people face to face, to find out there personal views on what they enjoy and expect in a horror film, this helped me gain further knowledge in to how it would make my idea better and more popular with the chosen audience and even the secondary audience. For my secondary research, I used specific books to gain knowledge

I also viewed the short horror film list. This was done so I could gain knowledge on the amount of views and likes each video got, to find out what was popular among audiences.

For some of my primary research, I looked at the short horror film Coffer, I used this by looking at the comments that were left by other viewers.



I looked at the comments here to see what the audience are interested in when they see horror films, I also needed to see the age of the audience that watched this and other short horror films that I looked at, by searching for there ages, I looked at their outube profiles to see what age range I am looking for.















I looked at the profiles to help understand the type of person enjoys the film that I am interested in making.











  I also asked used social media platforms to gain further primary research:


This was written by a 17 year old, this showed me the age of the audience and what they liked during a horror film.













This was the seond research that I did on social media, this person was 18
















When I was using primary audience and secondary audience research, I decided that the target audience for the short fim will be 18-25 year ols mainly, including University students and film festival attenders.

Short film festivals:
There are many short film festivals that are available for my short film, such as the London short film festival, the Raindance film festival and the Edinborough film festival, these film festivals are good for upcoming film makers as they help promote your work, showing your name and promoting films to gain popularity among audiences, they are good because they help promote your short films.

Usually there would be a budget to the film, however, in this case, we do not have to pay for editing sweets, or equipment, this is because it is all providd for us, I will have to pay for hiring locations that have to be paid for and the transport costs (only on trains), also costs of any lunch.

When collecting my audience research, I found that it was quite hlpful, this is because i found out who to aim the film at (the target audience) and I also found out what the audience like to see when watching a horror film, I found out that they enjoy jump scares, so making the audience live on the edge through the film. I also found that the audience like a dark twist, showing vulnerable characters to give the film a more realistic approach and feel for the audience.

















Budget:
Usually there would be a budget to the film, however, in this case, we do not have to pay for editing sweets, or equipment, such as cameras and tripods, this is because it is all provided for us by the college, however, I will have to pay for other specific things, such as lunch, transport (only on Trains and Tubes) we travel free on buses, I will also have to include prices for props in the budget also, this is because I will have to pay for certain things, such as fake blood and costumes, this is because it must be searched fro and then ordered or bought.


Funding: 
As this is a college production, there is no need for funding sources, everything I make will belong to the college, this is because I will shoot the film with their camera.  However, if I was getting funded for this short film, I would require the uses of funding source Kickstarter. This is because Kickstarter help fund projects by young upcoming film makers.
















No comments:

Post a Comment